Checklist What to keep in mind during a consultation!
- If you have questions (maybe some you’ve written down beforehand) inform your doctor about them at the beginning of your consultation. Discuss together the best time to talk through your questions.
- Ask for a medication plan with accurate details regarding intake, the exact name of the medication, the exact dose, time of intake and dosage form and duration of intake.
- Ask about risks, adverse or interaction effects and also ask if you should probably exclude other medications.
- Ask what you could do by yourself to support the treatment.
- Take time to read information sheets and ask specifically about risks. Only sign forms when you fully understand the content.
- Repeat back to your doctor advice and recommendations to make sure you understood them correct.
- Make notes.
- Always ask if you are unsure or have any worries.